Welcome to the Sesis login guide! The Special Education Student Information System is a secure, web system that was created to track whether students with special needs received the services in their Individualized Education Programs.
The Department of Education began developing the program in 2009 after the Child Assistance Program (CAP) was rendered unreliable due to its inability to track and document the actual delivery of services. In 2011, the Special Education Student Information System was officially activated. The following steps will guide you progressively through the process of logging into SESIS via a computer or mobile device. Follow the steps to complete the Sesis user login at www.sesis.nycenet.edu.
SESIS Login Step-By-Step Instructions
- Launch your preferred internet browser, and go to the SESIS login portal.
- When the web page has fully loaded, find the SESIS login section.
- There are three empty fields on the login form (i.e. School/District ID, User ID, and Password).
- Enter your School/District ID in the first field.
- Type in your SESIS user ID in the field marked “central\user ID.” Leave the Central/ and type your user ID after. E.G.: central/leap5.
- Type in your SESIS password in the Password field. Note: The password is case sensitive.
- Finally, click the button marked “Sign In” to access SESIS.
SESIS Mobile Login Step-by-step Instructions
In this section, we will guide you through the process of logging in to SESIS via a mobile device’s browser.
- Open your internet browser, and visit SESIS login page.
- On the SESIS homepage, find the login form. It is in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Enter your SESIS user ID in the field labeled “central\user ID.”
- Enter your password into the password box.
- Click the “Sign In” button to get to your SESIS account.
SESIS Mobile Login Instructions for Apple Users
In this section, we will guide you through the process of logging in to SESIS via the mobile app. Note: The SESIS app is only available for Apple device users.
- Visit the App Store, and find the NYC Schools mobile app.
- Download the app, then install it.
- Open the app to access the homepage.
- Tap the menu button. It is at the top left side of the page.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select the “SESIS Login” option.
- Type your school or district ID into the top blank field.
- Then type your DOE user ID and password into the next empty fields.
- Tap the orange “Sign In” link to access your SESIS account.
The NYC Schools mobile application is compatible with iPads and iPhones running iOS 5.0 or later.
SESIS Login Customer Support
If you can’t sign in to your account due to a forgotten password, use the SESIS password reset tool to recover your password.
- Go to the SESIS homepage, and click the link marked “To reset your password click here.” It is right below the “Sign In” button.
- Enter your last name, employee ID and the last four digits of your social security number in the provided slots. Press “Submit” to continue.
- If you are not an employee, use this password reset page to change your SESIS user login password.
- Confirm that the information displayed on the next page matches your DOE Outlook account details.
- If the information is correct, hit the link “Click here.”
- You will then receive a password reset email. SESIS will automatically send you instructions via email to help you reset your password.
If you experience other issues during the SESIS login process, help is just a phone call away. Please call 718-935-5100 to speak with a customer care representative.